Thursday, January 21, 2010

Church Meetings

I was able to attend the most inspiring meeting Sunday evening. It was really good. Nothing really strainge or of unusual nature happened. Just that I was able to learn some things that I think that I personally needed to Learn. See when I was young. Well not to young. We lived through the times of the 1979 - 1981 in a travel trailer in the Desert of outside Phx. With no power, running water, etc. It was truly hard times. My father lost is job and we fell through the cracks of society. When it became summer we moved to the land that my parents owned east of Snowflake to survive. We still lived without running water, power, and our toilet was an outhouse. I am setting the precedence of my learning. Well my parents turned to the church for help because all of our extended family had no money. All the church could do was give us food through the church welfare program or bishop warehouse. So we did eat. Well things did get better. We moved into a home in Taylor. We did have running water, power and we were able to stay warm. Then my father died. My youngest brother was injured in the accident. He would never recover. My mother again turned to the bishop for help and was told there is nothing we can do for you. Your problems are to big. Go to your family and move back to where you came from. You have no family here. This was hard words because we had a home to live in and just needed some help. But, were denied. We turned to the Lord and through time he helped us and we did finally move back to Mesa where we came from. I learned quite some bitterness toward the welfare program of the church.

But, Sunday I learned many things that have helped me to not be bitter any more. I have learned that man is week and the lord is strong. I know that what we went through made us strong as a family. I know the Lord was aware of our needs and they were always met. Maybe not how we would have liked them to have been met. But, they were met. I do now understand the great stress that our Bishops go through with the Welfare issues that they face today. I am thankful for the Lords plans. I am thankful for the meeting that was able to help heal my heart and help me to understand the great stress that the Bishop my mother talked to was going through. I am so thankful for my mother's faith and ability to hold to the rod. I am so thankful for prayer and miracles. I know that we will see many miracles in 2010. I just hope that many other peoples hearts will be able to be healed just like mine has been. Thank you, father, Thank you so much.

May the Lord bless you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.