Friday, January 29, 2010

President Obamas speech

I did listen to his speech to the joint session of congress. I was not able to watch it on the TV. So I listened to is in my car on Satellite radio. So I was not able to see the congresses responses to his talk. I did hear all of the applosses and some under tone words that I was not able to make out. Maybe cheering or gearing I wasn't able to tell. I was not impressed with his talk. I did notice that as soon as he started talking the rain began to poor down. The longer he talked the more it rained. Later that night that same storm turned to snow and sleet. Then that same storm has moved into the Midwest and has tornado's and freezing rain. With millions out of power. It makes me think of the scriptures where it is stated that the Lord talks to his people in a still small voice when they listen to him. But, when they are not listening to him he talks in earthquakes, tornado's, great winds, floods, droughts, etc. I wonder if we as a nation are listening to the Lord? I wonder if our Government leaders are listening to the Lord. I know that they are not listening to the people of America. I feel that the Government of America is very disconnected from the people of America. It's like the person who likes to eat milk, cheese, and eggs. But has no idea that the milk comes from a cow and that the cheese is made from the fat of the milk that comes from a cow or that eggs come from chickens. It's the same type of disconnect. What can be done to bring everyone on the same page? I don't know.

The thing that I disliked the most about President Obama's speech was when he said that Michelle Obama was heading a Child Obesity Task force. I didn't like much of his talk but this was the sticking point. Obesity or Fat in other words has been a problem in my family for many generations. We have fought the fat war. I am worried about how they are going to attack this issue. We are talking about our children with feelings. Not just numbers. How are they going to not cause so much depression in American Children that we have mass suicide? Or Mass drop out from school. Besides who is it that will decide what is to FAT!! It is very angering.

I know that all countries have problems. But, I believe that America is made up of honest good people. I believe that we want our country to succeed. I believe that our country was made with a good foundation. The constitution and bill of rights. I believe in these foundations. I hope that we as Americans can stop the destruction of the foundation that our Country was built on.

I love the Scout Motto of Be prepared and do your best. I believe that if it was a requirement for Congress, Supreme Court, Senate and Executive branch of Government to be Eagle Scouts our Country would be going in a very different direction. I hope that we the people of America can keep our Country on a honest, prosperous direction. I love this Country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.